Who doesn’t like pancakes in the morning?! These are one of my favourite breakfasts on a lazy sunday morning. These deliciously chocolatey pancakes will be a hit among all vegans and non vegans. Feel free to be creative with your toppings, blueberries and banana go great with these or you can even do them plain with a bit a cinnamon mixed in the batter.
These are quick easy and oh so yummy, will be on breakfast table in under 20 mins.
1 1/2 Cups All purpose flour (sub. gluten free flour)
1 1/2 Tlbsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
3 Tlbsp. Brown sugar
1 1/2 Cups Almond milk (sub any plant bases milk)
Pinch of Salt
- Start with a Large mixing bowl and add flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt. Dry whisk until all ingredients have been well combined.
- Add all Almond milk and chocolate chips, mix well batter should be slightly thick and you should see air bubbles forming from the baking powder. Once finished mixing set aside and heat non stick pan over medium heat.
- When non stick pan is Hot use 1/2 C. measuring cup to scoop batter into pan. Spread batter out lightly with the back of measuring cup so the pancake is even.
- Cook pancake for about 2 1/2 mins each side, you should see air bubbles starting to pop through batter, thats when you know its time to flip. Repeat until batter is finished.
- Slather some of your favourite syrup on and its time to eat !
I ran out of Maple syrup when I was making this recipe, so I made an easy chocolate sauce with Almond milk and Coca powder and a bit of sugar.Let me know if you would like a short recipe of that.
Please make these and tell me how they turned out and if anyone knew they were vegan!!